Restaurant Owners: How to avoid bad reviews on Yelp, Google and Tripadvisor?
Unhappy customers are 6 times more willing to share their complaints with other people than happy customers.
Important facts about customer reviews
Rating of your restaurant reflects an overall average of your good and bad reviews. You have to aim for 4.0 and more to be able to say “We’re OK!”. And 4.5 and more to be able to say “We’re doing pretty GOOD!”. That means you’ll need lots of four and five star reviews while getting a minimum number of bad reviews.
- When customers are unhappy, there’s a 90% chance they won’t do business with a company again (Source: Lee Resources).
- Dissatisfied customers typically tell 9 to 15 other people about their experience; some tell 20 or more (Source: White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
- A negative customer experience is the reason 86% of customers quit visiting your restaurant or ordering from you (Source: Customer Experience Impact Report).
- Good customer experiences lead 42% of customers to come again (Source: Zendesk Customer Service Study).
There are lots of positive and negative customer reviews about you on Yelp, Google, Tripadvisor, Zomato, Urban Spoon and Uber Eats. And you don’t have control over them. It is impossible to get in touch with your unhappy customers directly and solve their problems or let them know that the problem that caused them to be unhappy has disappeared. Even if you can do that, there is no guarantee that that person will remove the negative review.
It takes roughly 40 positive customer experiences to undo the damage of a single negative review.
In this case, the best method is to prevent bad rates & reviews before they are shared. The solution is very simple. You should ensure that your visitors share their good and bad thoughts with you before leaving your restaurant. While doing this, you should make them feel how much you value your customers and your business with an innovative approach. Keep reading…
How to easily collect customer reviews in restaurants?
We’ve got the perfect solution. We have developed an iPad app that you can customize for your business without requiring any coding skills. With Happy Meter, you can let your customers share all the good and bad experiences and comments with you.
It is very easy to turn Happy Meter into a customer satisfaction survey app tailored for your business and it takes only 2-3 minutes.
You can place the iPad next to the exit door or you can request your customers to rate and share their thoughts with you while they pay the bill. It only takes a minute for your customers to share their opinions.
How to customize and use Happy Meter?
Customizing Happy Meter is very easy and usually takes 2-3 minutes.
- Login to Appseno Control Panel
- Select Happy Meter and create a new project
- Upload your logo
- Edit texts and colors, translate to another language if you need to
- Download Happy Meter on App Store
- Login with your activation code of your project
As soon as you log in with the Activation Code, Happy Meter turns into a customer satisfaction survey application tailored for your business. Your logo, your colors and your texts.
Your customers who have the opportunity to share their thoughts with you will probably not share them in online review sites. In the mean time, you can take immediate action for the complaints you receive and improve your service quality.
Happy Meter is the most affordable option in the market. Give it a try.
If you want to place your iPad in a stand, use it at a fixed point and prevent your customers from leaving the Happy Meter app, you can find what you need to do in this video.
However, you can find the video that explains how you can prevent your iPad from going into stand-by mode after a certain period of time.